quilters across the globe sharing their talents and forging new friendships

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hello

Hi everyone, I am Angie! I hope that it ends up being a really fun experience for all of us. I am not sure whose blog it was that lead me to Tara’s to get the great chance to do this. This is such a great way for me make quilting friends since I have no "real life" ones. So I'm really excited to get to know you all. I know at times it will be a challenge but in the end this will have been a great experience for all of us.
Here is the 411 about me. I have lived in Georgia my whole life about an hour south of Atlanta. I am in my middle twenties and am married. We don’t have “human” kids yet but we do have “animal” kids. Which are a miniature potbellied pig, 2 cats, 9 chickens and 1 rooster. No, I am not a hillbilly or red neck (nothing is wrong with being one either) just unique. I enjoy gardening, reading and quilting the most but have tons of other small things I like also.
I just started quilting in May of this year. It all started when I was talking to my Aunt that lives in West Virginia. She was talking about a quilt she was making and I mentioned that I would love to learn that skill. Well, the next thing I knew I got a package in the mail that had a block put together, all the individual pieces of the block and enough fabric to make a lap sized quilt. I had no idea at all where to start. So I took my scissors and cut out one square at a time around the ones she sent me. Once I had enough pieces cut out to make ten blocks I figured I would put it together and then I was lost. I didn’t know what to sew to what or anything. I went to my local quilt store and I signed up for a beginner’s class and now 4 quilts later here I am.
I can’t wait to hear about everyone and see what we like.

Angie

1 comment:

  1. Great 411! I love that you have chickens and a pig!!! Sounds like the quilting bug has bitten you too! I'm so looking forward to this and as soon as Tade goes to bed, I'll be making y quilt block and getting my fabric in the mail tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete