quilters across the globe sharing their talents and forging new friendships

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First Draft



This is my first quilted square ever, I hope you can cut me some slack ;-)
I'm excited though, and thanks to you I discovered I really like quilting.
I met a really nice quilter lady at Lambspun (the yarn shop where I work) and after I asked she explained a couple of things to me and told me if I do at least three layers I can sew pieces on top of each other without having to do the cut and sew lines (forgot the name) that I saw on some of your squares and had no idea how to make. So here is my try-out square and if the technique (which I will perfect a little now that I learned things making this one) is ok with you, I'd love to get started on your square with your fabrics Tara...
Notice a few missing windows and doors from my sketch : I went a little over my head and this was challenging for me, but so fun!

3 comments:

  1. IT's adorable, Melina! I can't wait to see it in the retro prints. Let me know if you want to come over so I can show you how to seam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great try for the first time! I am also a newbie quilter, I finished my first lap quilt about 3 weeks ago for one of my girls.

    Melina, give yourself a big pat on the back for a great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!
    It is encouraging.
    I'm getting on to the vintage one, can't wait... That might be a good idea Tara. I'm going to see Alexis tomorrow, I'm off, we could get together!

    ReplyDelete