quilters across the globe sharing their talents and forging new friendships

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Tara's House & Shelly's Italian Tile

Tara, I hope you like the addition to your neighborhood! I made your block a little larger than 16" so you could trim it down perfectly when you get them all together.
I ended up making these blocks twice. I didn't like the way they turned out the first time, so I cut the initial squares larger, followed the exact directions from then on, and trimmed them down to exactly 6.5 inches. Both packages will be in the mail tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Linda, good idea, I'm going to do what you did, make bigger blocks.

    I did mine as set out and came up with 6 1/4 inch blocks. I'm sewing at 1/4 inch(got that foot on the machine) and can't figure out why the difference. But I have extras to throw in the scrap pile (make enough of these and I'll have my own quilt LOL).

    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly why I did it over. On the second and third blocks in the first group that I did, I even tried using a VERY scant 1/4 seam, and I still couldn't get the blocks to look good enough for me. It was just easier to start larger and trim them down. The others will go into an orphan block pile, never going to waste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooa, I love those colors! I love the house too Linda.
    These tiles are soooo fun!
    Mine will be up in a minute...

    ReplyDelete