quilters across the globe sharing their talents and forging new friendships

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hello!

Hello ladies!

I'd like to finally introduce myself. I haven't been anti-social, I've just been out of town, and really busy when I have been in town. I have been making quilts for almost 25 years. None of my ancestors that I know of has ever made a quilt, but I can remember being a little girl and wanting to make one. The funny thing about that is, so has my sister. When I became pregnant with my first child, (I have five), I made my first quilt. I did let him use it, and when he threw up on it the first time, that was the last time he saw it! I still have it in my cedar chest. I love all kinds of quilts, but I am particularly drawn to the most simple, or traditional ones. I do like to do a lot of improvisional work also. I am lucky enough to have a job that I love. I've been doing it for ten years now. I have two longarm machines, and they keep me pretty busy. I am excited to get to know all of you, and I anticipate having a lot of fun with this group.

Linda

5 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, nice to meet you.
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, Linda! welcome to the fun. So, tell, me, what's the job you love, and why do you have two longarm machines? I'm a newbie quilter though I've sewed forever, so I'm not up on all the terms and equipment yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. San-Dee, the reason I have two longarm machines is because that is my job. I bought my first one almost ten years ago, and I had gained a reputation for my custom work. When you do custom, it takes a lot longer than edge-to-edge work, and I couldn't get them out as fast as my customers wanted, so I bought a computerized one so I can work both at the same time.

    ReplyDelete