quilters across the globe sharing their talents and forging new friendships

Saturday, October 24, 2009

3rd time is always the charm!


Okay, so do I admit this is the third time I tried to do this tile? I definitely was challenged, but I think I finally got it. At least, close enought to send off. You can see the progress if you look really closely at the blocks, I did get better and better at it. I'm not sure I'd try this again soon, working with the bias edges was something that I don't quite have under control yet, but I'm glad I got to try it.

5 comments:

  1. The bias edges are hard--I tend to starch the heck out of my fabric before I cut it to help stabilize it! And now you have 6 blocks for your keeper quilt!

    Is anyone else doing this? I've got a 12" house block and 3 tile blocks so far. Once I see the fabrics that Victoria is sending, I'll pull like fabrics from my stash and make them at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never even thought to do a 'keeper quilt'...that is a really neat idea Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea was all San-Dee's. When we were first beginning, she asked a question about the scraps and what exactly was going on and thus the keeper quilt idea was born. I love it! It should be pretty eclectic and a fun memory for all of us that want to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 6 keeper blocks from our October blocks LOL. I wanted to use up the FQs and I liked the look. I do have the scraps from our september block so maybe I will do a keeper quilt too!

    oh wait, we won't have any leftovers from our november blocks, but maybe I can do something similar to represent it.

    Oh, and your blocks look great. Way to keep at it till you were happy with them.

    ReplyDelete