quilters across the globe sharing their talents and forging new friendships

Saturday, October 24, 2009

3rd time is always the charm!


Okay, so do I admit this is the third time I tried to do this tile? I definitely was challenged, but I think I finally got it. At least, close enought to send off. You can see the progress if you look really closely at the blocks, I did get better and better at it. I'm not sure I'd try this again soon, working with the bias edges was something that I don't quite have under control yet, but I'm glad I got to try it.

5 comments:

  1. The bias edges are hard--I tend to starch the heck out of my fabric before I cut it to help stabilize it! And now you have 6 blocks for your keeper quilt!

    Is anyone else doing this? I've got a 12" house block and 3 tile blocks so far. Once I see the fabrics that Victoria is sending, I'll pull like fabrics from my stash and make them at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never even thought to do a 'keeper quilt'...that is a really neat idea Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea was all San-Dee's. When we were first beginning, she asked a question about the scraps and what exactly was going on and thus the keeper quilt idea was born. I love it! It should be pretty eclectic and a fun memory for all of us that want to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 6 keeper blocks from our October blocks LOL. I wanted to use up the FQs and I liked the look. I do have the scraps from our september block so maybe I will do a keeper quilt too!

    oh wait, we won't have any leftovers from our november blocks, but maybe I can do something similar to represent it.

    Oh, and your blocks look great. Way to keep at it till you were happy with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look nice, the bias is always tricky.

    ReplyDelete