quilters across the globe sharing their talents and forging new friendships

Monday, October 4, 2010

It's me here...

....Lizzie, for those of you that don't know me I thought that I should say hello! I'm the one that's been harassing you all with emails in the last week :o)

I joined this group last year after Elaine told me they were still looking for members, it was a huge stretch for me as I'd never done anything like this online before. I made some amazing new friends, pushed the boundaries and made blocks totally out of my comfort zone and had a ball..!
This time around I've taken over the admin role from Tara, who so admirably did it last year, so I'm the one who's going to hassle you all :o)

So, I turned 60 a couple of months ago and I'm still shaking my head and wondering how on earth that happened?? My Railway Man and I have been together for 40 years and we have four wonderful grown children, one fabulous son-in-law and a soon to be daughter-in-law, eight amazing grandchildren and a very pampered pooch called Miss Martha. We live an hour from Melbourne on 4 acres of what will one day be all garden in rural Victoria, Australia. I've been quilting for ever it seems, well, since about 1977 I think!! Right now I'm just starting to work on a quilt for a friend I've known for more than 30 years, you can read about this amazing outpouring of support from quilters around the world on my blog here.




You all know by now I should think that we had a few people fall off the planet, well the Bee Balm Blog anyway, last year and a few of us were left short of blocks. It was a shame but not the end of the world or the Bee Balm thankfully..!! We have some awesome new friends to play with and three are from my side of the world, I'm not a lonesome Aussie anymore :o)

These two quilts are from my Bee Balm blocks from last year, I decided to make two quilts with my blocks, I've nearly finished quilting the first one above and I'll probably start the one below as soon as I've finished Sue's quilt..




Welcome to all our new playmates and it's great to be back again with the old ones. I'm so looking forward to seeing what challenges you all throw out this time around.

So lets play......
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Yay Lizzie!
    Those quilts look great...thanks for stepping in as the Lady in Charge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts are terrific Lizzie and soooo creative. Everytime I think about what can be done in this "Bee" I get butterflies of excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Lizze, those quilts BOTH look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to email us all of the addresses we need so we can mail out for our month? I can not wait to get started.
    I just found out there is a quilt shop about 18 miles from my house that has First Saturday Samplers where they get together and work on a quilt square each month. I may try to get involved in that. Sounds like fun.
    I have never been to a sewing class or quilting class so this will be new to me.
    beebee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the two quilts you are making too Lizzie, it is inspiring me to get mine together. Some of you had given me too so I think I can make it without the three that I am missing.
    I am trying to put everybody's initials on mine because I like to know who made which ones. So it will be a little more time for me to get it together but I could show you a picture of the pieces laying next to each other.
    Let the fun begin, I am liking this suspense ;-)
    Melina

    ReplyDelete