quilters across the globe sharing their talents and forging new friendships

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wonky log cabins done!


Hey ladies!
Just thought I'd post a picture, as I just now finished my top with all my bee balm blocks! I worked this thing over yesterday, adding every bit of scrap I could get my hands on...
I think I got nearly everything in it... except for a few clever bits sent in by a few of you... (LINDA)!! you know, pieces that were less then an 1/8"... ha ha!
Anywho. It miraculously, without planning it, fits my King size bed perfectly... Woo hoo!
Now on to quilting... I may actually, hand quilt this... I must be insane... since i have three others here for hand quilting and it may take me YEARS to get it done...
(or perhaps a bit of both, hand and machine to make it less painful....)

So thank you all, for your creative efforts!
I'm thrilled with it!

This is yesterdays post when it was still in the works...

8 comments:

  1. v, It looks FREAKIN FABULOUS! I luv it! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Victoria, looks great on the bed.
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I am REALLY out of my league here....this is absolutely too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you go girl. love those stars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh!!! I can't believe we have a finished top in our midst!

    How cool is that...oh I can't wait for February's block now. It's inspiring to see something at the end (well almost the end).

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such an inspiration....we all benefit! Very well done gf, love, love, love it. Now I feel like I can get out of the quilting rut I have fallen into. Yeaaaaahhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Love the sashing color. I can't wait to see it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. waw!
    I love it too.
    how creative and inspiring you all are!
    I am learning so much and having so much fun.
    beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete