quilters across the globe sharing their talents and forging new friendships

Friday, January 15, 2010

Here's my block........

Because I messed up when I was cutting the background fabric, I decided to make my block from a piece the same size that I had sent to you all. I cut some 2 1/2" squares from the fabric and made a chequer board border piece. I cut the background down to 12 1/2" x 16 1/2", added the 4 1/2" border and ended up with my 16 1/2" square.

I ended up using a pack of squares from the Moda sampler box, 'Frolic' by Sandy Gervais. I love the oranges and yellows. I hope you're all ok with winging it?? I'm so looking forward to seeing what you all create.

Have a great weekend everyone, we're having a warm one again, love summer!!

4 comments:

  1. beautiful block Lizzie. you are setting the bar very high with such lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun stuff! Can't wait to get my hand son the fabrics! time to play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh very cute! Um...mine may not even come close LOL...yours is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is beautiful, I am so impressed!
    how am I going to pull this one off?
    :-)

    ReplyDelete