quilters across the globe sharing their talents and forging new friendships

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Melina May

Last month I was so excited about this pattern that I thought I would have you help me make it as part of the Bee Balm. I started cutting squares and circles to mail you and got so excited and couldn't wait that I started making the quilt except without cutting each square and its circle in quarters and re-sewing them. I liked it just the way it was like this.

As you can see for our Bee Balm group now I am going for the quite the oposit: Black and White!
And I decided to cut the squares and their circles this time.
Let me know if you still have questions.
 This is the back side. I could not leave it plain, but I did my first free hand quilting with the presser foot and realized why you could want to leave the back plain/white, it makes the quilting designs show better. You live and you learn I guess.
Please give me any comment or thought you might have as I am learning a lot about patchwork and quilting.
Sorry again I am so late for my month!!
Melina

No comments:

Post a Comment