quilters across the globe sharing their talents and forging new friendships

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Finally, Liz, your block!


I finally got back to my sewing table today, and it's been so long that the clock on the bookcase is still an hour behind-it never got changed...

finally, after MONTHS of waiting, here's your block, Lizzie. I went back and saw that you wanted something that reflected our personality, and that it was going into a quilt for your son's room. So, in explanation: I picked a block pattern that is circular because I believe in the circle of life, continuity and renewal. The spring flowers represent my love of the outdoors. The two space prints represent my husband and older daughter, both scientists. The final print represents my younger daughter's interest in Asian art. They are intertwined with your print to represent how this bee has drawn us all together. Though I'd like to have some awe-inspiring reason for the borders, I put them on to try and make the block the size you wanted. I think I did fairly well, as math has never been my strong point I had trouble measuring the strips. I'm not sure if I can get away from work to get to the post office tomorrow, if not, it will go out on Thursday. thanks for your patience!

4 comments:

  1. It's lovely San-Dee, thank you and thanks for putting so much of your family in it for me. Hope all is well healthwise with your husband now. Take care..
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow San-dee, that is so awesome! I loved your explanation of the block. It is really beautiful, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!
    I have always loved to know why an artist did something a certain way, how it came about...
    I love the colors too, blue is one of my favorite.
    melina

    ReplyDelete
  4. San-dee, can I ask when you posted my block. I just realised that it's a month and it still isn't here, a bit worried that my bee mail is not arriving anymore...............
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete