quilters across the globe sharing their talents and forging new friendships

Friday, June 25, 2010

It's my turn!

I decided that I wanted a scrappy quilt. I also decided that we should do something fun so we are going to do the Disappearing 9 Patch. Does everyone know how to do one? I put together a slide show to help you out. The important thing is finding the exact centre lines. I would appreciate that when you turn the blocks, please keep them similar to mine. My centre block was divided into 4 little ones, I left two i the centre area and turned the other miniblocks so what was the centre fabric was in the outside corners. Make sense? You should be able to view the slideshow here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/YukonViv/2010/?action=view&current=5a929325.pbw
You will all be sent 9 charm squares...hows that for easy? I'm using the Moda charm pack called Wildflower Serenade by Kansas Troubles. Just lay it out in a pleasing manner to you and have fun sewing. These will be going out next week to you. Have fun! Vivian

7 comments:

  1. Oh how fabulous Viv, I'm so looking forward to doing something else for the bee, can't wait. I haven't had a parcel from the bee for nearly 3 months!! I'm guessing this will be the last one? Thank goodness for you Vivian :o)
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it! I just read about this block and thought, wow-I'd really like to try it, and you picked it! I can't wait, looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are excited about this block!
    I mailed off my fabric today so it should all be there in about 2 weeks everyone...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got your fabric today Viv so I should be able to get it done this weekend, hopefully I can have it in the mail on Monday, yay!!
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, thanks. I forgot to mention that I sent 4 packages out late. why? b/c I didn't have any more envelopes and every time I remembered to stop at a shop in town to pick up more I was already pulling in my driveway (half an hour away from town). Linda, Tara and Shelly are for sure going to get their's late, and Linda yours also has your finished block in it. I forget who the 4th is but you'll know b/c it won't arrive till the end of the month. Oh well, suchislife! Take care, Viv

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vivian,
    I am not part of this year's bee but I hope to participate one day soon. I love this design. the disappearing 9 patch is so much fun to do . I had never heard of it and I had to try it once I watched that little video you posted about 20 times. I made 25 of them and plan to make a quilt top with them.

    I can not wait to see your finished quilt. I hope you post it once you finish it.

    beebee

    ReplyDelete