quilters across the globe sharing their talents and forging new friendships

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I loved my blocks you all made so much that I decided to make some more so I could have a Queen size quilt for my bed. Then I got a bit carried away and decided to make a smaller version so that I could practice the quilting on my longarm before I tackled the bigger version. Blogger is not being nice with loading photos tonight!!
Here is the smaller one blowing on the clothes line-before quilting-if you think you see that a couple of the grey fabrics look darker than the others you are right. Two different purchases and I didn't notice it till Ii quilted it!!
And here I is a close up of the quilting, which I have to say I love and the machine behaved beautifully. I quilt freehand and I will do the grey parts the same as this but may change the design on the patterned fabrics.
And here is a final one of my helper-no matter where she is the moment the longarm starts she zooms down the hall and then bounds onto the quilt!! Why has blogger loaded the picture this way-I now give up!!!
 

Marlene

11 comments:

  1. Marlene, your quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the gray area! What an inspiration your quilting is! Thank you for sharing. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine. I was really pleased with the quilting as I hadn't really bonded with the machine until then.

      Delete
  3. How nice to have some activity on this blog, I love your quilt and quilting Marlene. I like the two greys too. Adds interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had realised they were different I would have probably looked at how I placed them Sue.

      Delete
  4. Love how this quilt turned out. I can't wait for you to post the finished quilts. Your quilting is absolutely amazing! Thank you for posting. I need to put my blocks together now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I'm in awe of your quilting, I'm still mastering the meander.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Shauna. This was a lot easier than I thought it would be, but had seen the concept on someone's blog and decided to give it a go. I am really happy with how it turned out. I have not been longarm quilting for long but get inspiration from more experienced quilter and then just go for it-sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your quilt and I agree that the two greys add interest, once it is quilted I bet they will blend nicely with each other. It looks like you are having lots of fun with your longarm, your quilting design looks great. Love your quilt inspector.

    ReplyDelete